Vancouver Fashion Week 2008 Debut
Lights flashing! Cameras rolling! Photographers clicking! Models sashaying! Me freaking out!
Vancouver Fashion Week is a time to remember for Jolie Mack Designs - it was go go go! for four days of fashion, nerves and lots of networking. VFW is a brilliant affair that happens twice a year, showcasing local and Canadian upcoming clothing and jewelery designers. Fall '08 season's runway was at home in the Chapel Arts building, an art deco former chapel in the unlikely location of downtown East Vancouver.
Although I was very intimidated at first, as I became involved with VFW, I realized that this fashion affair is comfortably accessible to everyone. Because the designers are fairly new to the scene, the work presented on the runway and exhibits is fresh and unihibited and the attitudes are open and honest. VFW is an event that I recommend you attend if you want a real sense of what stylish Van City is all about.
These designs received rave reviews and lots of red carpet time...
- Traffic Signature Collection
- Old Fashioned Rose Exclusive Collection
- Gypsy Exclusive Collection
- Japanese Rose Signature Collection
- Free Love Limited Collection
- Bandit Limited Collection
- Marquis Signature Collection
- Baroque Down Signature Collection
- Prague Signature Collection
- Coppertunity Limited Collection